Last updated on January 19, 2019.
Document Effective date: January 19th, 2019
1. General Information
If our information practices change significantly at some time in the future, we will notify you of the policy changes before we use your data for these new purposes and we will provide you the ability to opt out of these new uses.
2. Personal Data & Cookies
2.1. Personal Data
Any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (“data subject”); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular, by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
Quark Analytics works to keep your personal information confidential and secure and does not sell your personal data. In some circumstances Quark Analytics may share your information with third parties, for example:
- If you connect to your third party accounts through our products, we will use that information to authenticate you, enumerate the data sources available to you, download any data you request us to, and download and refresh authentication tokens or persist authentication information such as user names and passwords as necessary to continue to connect to these data;
- We will disclose your personal information to comply with legal requirements, for example, in response to a court order or a subpoena. We also may disclose your personal information in response to a law enforcement agency's request, or where we believe it is necessary to investigate, verify, prevent, enforce compliance with, or take action regarding illegal or suspected illegal activities; suspected fraud; situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person; protection of the rights and property of Quark Analytics, our agents, customers, or others; violations or suspected violations of our agreements and policies; or as otherwise required or permitted by law or consistent with legal requirements;
- We do not share, sell, rent, or trade User Personal Information with third parties for their commercial purposes;
- We do share certain aggregated, non-personally identifying information with others about how our users, collectively, use Quark Analytics , or how our users respond to our other offerings, such as our conferences or events. For example, we may compile statistics on the usage of Quark Analytics Portal. However, we do not sell this information to advertisers or marketers;
- We transfer or disclose your personal information for corporate reasons. For example, to third parties in connection with or during negotiation of any merger, financing, acquisition, bankruptcy or similar transaction. We may also share personal information with our auditors, attorneys or other advisors in the connection with corporate functions; and
- Finally, we also share aggregated, anonymized or statistical information about you, including demographics data, with others for a variety of purposes, for example, for improving products and services for Quark Analytics and others.
2.2. Cookie Information
A cookie is a small piece of text that our web server stores on your computer or mobile device, which your browser sends to us when you return to our site. Cookies do not necessarily identify you if you are merely visiting Quark Analytics; however, a cookie may store a unique identifier for each logged in user. The cookies Quark Analytics sets are essential for the operation of the website or are used for performance or functionality. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your computer or device.
3. What we collect?
3.1. Information from website browsers
If you're just browsing the website, we collect the same basic information that most websites collect. We use common internet technologies, such as cookies and web server logs. This is stuff we collect from everybody, whether they have an account or not.
The information we collect about all visitors to our website includes the visitor’s browser type, language preference, referring site, additional websites requested, and the date and time of each visitor request. We also collect potentially personally-identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses.
We collect this information to better understand how our website visitors use Quark Analytics, and to monitor and protect the security of the website.
3.2. Information from users with accounts
If you create an account, we require some basic information at the time of account creation. You will create your own user name and password, and we will ask you for a valid email account. You also have the option to give us more information if you want to, and this may include "Personal Data".
We can collect the following information about you:
- Contact information such as name, email address, phone number, country, city
- Profile information such as job title, company or other business information
- Billing information such as tax ID
- Software preferences, including software use and interests
- User web behavior
- IP addresses, URLs visited, and related information
3.3. Where do we collect information?
This are the activities where you will ask you to give us information.
|Activity where we ask for Personal Data||Data we ask|
|Website -- All websites||Cookies|
|Webinars application forms||Contact and profile information|
|Newsletter subscription||Contact information|
|Access online support||Contact information|
|Quark Analytics Portal usage||Contact information, user web behavior|
|Job application form||Contact information, CV|
|Contact requests||Contact information, preferences|
Recruitment activities (when you submit a spontaneous application or directly for an advertised position via our website; in job fairs, events, via a third-party; when applying through referrals provided by our employees and interviews) Contact and profile information, education and work experience or other relevant information
3.4. How do we use the information collected?
We use the information we collect about you for a variety of purposes:
|Marketing and communication campaigns||Contact information, pictures, software preferences|
|Sales and to explore new marketing opportunities||Contact information, profile information, software preferences|
|Manage contractual relationship (if one exists)||Contact information|
|Send important notifications about our policies.||Contact information|
|Explore new market opportunities||Profile information|
|Process and complete transactions and invoices||Contact information, Billing information|
|Improve our services||User web behavior|
|Improve your browsing experience||Cookies|
3.5. Our policy towards children
Quark Analytics does not knowingly collect information from or direct any of our content specifically to children under 16 years old.
If we learn or have reason to suspect that you are a user who is under the age of 16, we will unfortunately have to close your account. We don't want to discourage you from learning to work with data or analyze data, but those are the rules.
3.6. Use of non-personal information
We may also collect data that does not, on its own, permit direct association with any specific individual. We may collect, use, transfer and disclose non-personal information for any purpose.
4. Security of your Personal Data
We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help to protect your Personal Data from its dissemination, loss, misuse, alteration unauthorized access or disclosure as well as against any other form of illicit treatment.
We secure the Personal Information you provide on computer servers in a controlled, secure environment, protected from unauthorized access, use or disclosure.
5. Your Rights
You have the following rights with respect to the information you provide to us:
- Right to obtain the confirmation, if Personal Data concerning you is being processed, and, where that is the case, access to the Personal Data. Users have the right to learn if Data is being processed by the Owner, obtain disclosure regarding certain aspects of the processing and obtain a copy of the Data undergoing processing;
- Right to be informed about our privacy policies and practices;
- Verify and seek rectification. Users have the right to verify the accuracy of their Data and ask for it to be updated or corrected.;
- Where Personal Data is processed for a public interest, in the exercise of an official authority vested in the Owner or for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Owner, Users may object to such processing by providing a ground related to their particular situation to justify the objection. (unless the processing has a legitimate purpose or the is for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims);
- Right to removal of your Personal Data when it is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was collected/processed, when you withdraw your consent and there is no other legal ground for the processing, for compliance a legal obligation. This right might me refused where the Personal Data processing is necessary;
- Right to request data portability, when data is provided by data subject (actively and knowingly or observed by virtue of the use a service/device), based in his/her consent or, in a contract where the data subject is an interested party. We will transmit this data in a structured, commonly used format. This right only applies if the data processing is carried out by automated means;
- Right to be informed about any recipients to whom your Personal Data have been disclosed, if you request it. Moreover, if you request any rectification/removal of Personal Data or restriction of processing, we will communicate to each of those recipients;
- Right to restrict processing under certain circumstances defined by Data Protection laws;
- Right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affects you;
- Right appeal to Data Protection National Committee (CNPD) () of any of our decision about your Personal Data;
- These rights are defined by the General Data Protection Regulation.
7. Contact us about privacy questions or about Information not contained in this policy
- If you want more details concerning the collection or processing of Personal Data may be requested from the Owner at any time;
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
We will answer to your request within 30 days and notify you of the action we have taken.
8. Legal information
This privacy statement has been prepared based on provisions of multiple legislations, including Art. 13/14 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation).